lets you use your Android device as a wireless
soundcard of your computer
PocketAudio automatically forwards
audio captured or played on your computer to your Android device. You
can use PocketAudio as a wireless headphones
for your computer.
can be used to play sound
from any Windows
applications. Simply select
PocketAudio as your computer's audio output device, and you can now
use Android device to listen to any sound played on the computer.
can be used as an audio
input device to Windows
Speak to your Android device, and use Windows or Mac to capture or record
Please note that there is network delay between the computer and
Android device. Therefore, PocketAudio should not be used in
situations where delay can be an issue. For example, if you
are watching a movie and use PocketAudio to play the soundtrack, you
will notice the sound is played behind the video.
- If you have not already done so, download and install the
PocketControl for Windows or Mac software from our website.
- On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the
SensticPocketService is running on your computer. On Mac, run
PocketControl from the Mac applications folder.
- Connect your Android device to your home network using Wi-Fi.
- Start PocketAudio on Android, and the app will automatically connect
to your computer. The bottom of your Android device screen should display
"Connected to your_computer_name:port."
- Configure your Windows/Mac program to use PocketAudio as your
audio input and/or output device.
Step by step instructions can be found at
- Currently, PocketAudio supports Windows XP/Vista/7, Intel-based Mac OS X 10.5
or above. Mac OS X 10.4 or earlier is not supported.
- PocketAudio does not work with iChat on Mac.
- There is network delay between the computer and Android device. Please do not expect real time transmission.