PocketCam lets you use your iOS device as a wireless webcam
your Windows-based computer or Intel-based Mac (OS X 10.7 or above). PocketCam automatically forwards
video captured by your iOS device camera, which can then be used as if they come from a virtual webcam.
PocketCam works with any Windows-based webcam applications,
including instant message applications such as MSN LIve Messenger,
Skype, AIM, etc. For Mac users, PocketCam works with any Mac
webcam applications including
FaceTime, iChat/Messages, GTalk, Skype, and aMSN. You can even
record your iOS cam using desktop webcam recording software such as QuickTime
- If you have not already done so, download and install the
PocketCam for Windows or Mac software from our website.
- On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the
running on your computer. On Mac, run PocketControl from the
Mac applications folder and select PocketCam as your preferred webcam.
- Connect your iOS device to your home network using Wi-Fi.
- Start PocketCam on iOS device, and the app will automatically connect
to your computer. The bottom of your iOS device screen should display
"Connected to your_computer_name:port."
- Start any program on your computer that uses webcam, and select
"PocketCam" as your virtual webcam.
- Enjoy live images from your iOS device camera as your webcam source!
Step by step instructions can be found at
- Currently, PocketCam supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Intel-based Mac OS X 10.7
- There is a minimum delay (~ 1 second) before the images are shown up on
the computer. Please do not expect real time image transmission.
(For Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8, download older version