PocketCam lets you use your Windows Phone device as a wireless webcam
your Windows-based computer or Mac (OS X 10.5 or above). PocketCam automatically forwards
video captured by your Windows Phone device's built-in camera, which can then be used as if they come from a virtual webcam.
PocketCam works with any Windows-based webcam applications,
including instant message applications such as MSN LIve Messenger,
Skype, AIM, etc. For Mac users, PocketCam works with any Mac
applications that use QuickTime for video capturing, including
GTalk, Skype, and aMSN.
PocketCam for Windows Phone also supports audio, so you can use the mobile
device as a wireless microphone to your computer.
- If you have not already done so, download and install the
PocketCam for Windows or Mac software from our website.
- On Windows, run PocketControl for Windows and make sure the
running on your computer. On Mac, run PocketControl from the
Mac applications folder and select PocketCam as your preferred webcam.
- Connect your Windows Phone device to your home network using Wi-Fi.
- Start PocketCam on Windows Phone device, and enter the IP address of your
computer to connect.
- Start any program on your computer that uses webcam, and select
"PocketCam" as your virtual webcam.
- Enjoy live images from your Windows Phone camera as your webcam source!
Step by step instructions can be found at
- Currently, PocketCam supports Windows XP/Vista/7, Intel-based Mac OS X 10.5
- PocketCam does not work with iChat on Mac.
- There is a minimum delay (~ 1 second) before the images are shown up on
the computer. Please do not expect real time image transmission.
(For Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8, download older version